Monday 20 August 2007

Camel/goat horror

From the BBC website, this little gem caught my attention:

"A woman in Australia has been killed by her pet camel after the animal apparently tried to have sex with her. The woman was found dead at the family's sheep and cattle ranch near the town of Mitchell in Queensland."

Ok...WHAT??

Why did she have a pet camel in the first place? Oh wait...

"The woman had been given the camel as a 60th birthday present earlier this year because of her love of exotic pets."

Aaaah I see. Fair enough.

Tsk, how unfortunate.

But it gets worse...

"The camel was just 10 months old but already weighed 152kg (336lbs) and had come close to suffocating the family's pet goat on a number of occasions."

WHAT? I mean....WHAT? There's a picture in my head now that will keep me awake at nights for years to come.

Much like that poor bloody goat, I expect.

4 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Caro said...

Okay, when I was a teen I had a steer.

We were raising it to eat.

One time it got me up against the fence with my back to it. It put both hooves on my shoulders and proceeded to (attemp to) hump away.

I think the topper was his big tongue licking my hair.

While I shreaked in fear, my friend laughed hysterically.

When the steer was finished, I left the pen, shaken but not crushed thankfully.

livesbythewoods said...

Badgerdaddy - yes, on so many levels.

Caro - "When it was finished"??? Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Does he still keep in touch?

Caro said...

Livesbythewoods - No, we ate him.