Wednesday 6 June 2007

Celebrity in training

I am at the end of Day 2 of my training course, here in Hertfordshire. I think that's where I am, anyway. I am still catching up on my sleep after yesterday's stupidly early start.

I had to be here for 10am yesterday, and didn't fancy staying in a hotel or something up here on my own the night before, like I did last time. So, I stopped over at my lovely bestest mate's house, which is 50 miles closer to here than my place. I worked out that it would take me about 2 and a half to 3 hours to get here, assuming the traffic wasn't too hideous.

Well, we were very stupid and stayed up far too late, and then I woke up at 4.30, lay there for a bit wondering if I should sleep more, then gave up, got up, and was out of the house by 5.30. In the morning. IN THE MORNING!

And of course, because it was so early, the traffic was less hellish than I had anticipated, so I got here at 7.30. Mind you, I had to listen to my fab "Mostly AC/DC" compilation CD in the car with the air con turned up high totry and stay awake at several points on the M25. Not good.

I checked in at reception, where the nice lady said "Ooh, you do look tired dear....go and have some breakfast." How thoughtful.

Tell you what; by 10pm that night I was half dead.

The course is interesting so far. We did radio and TV interviews today, with feedback from our peers, as well as the involvement of local Points West anchorman and (it turns out) excellent communications guru Chris Vacher. He was brilliant.

But now it's late and I'm tired. So I will try to be more interesting tomorrow.

No comments: