Friday 13 June 2008

Silence

Went to play some music on my iPod just now while I reviewed a mighty long document, and realised that the battery is completely flat. Zilch, zip, bugger all.

So, that's annoying. And what with this office being all but empty, the sound of my typing is echoing thunderously around the place like a cheap action movie sound effect. TAP tap TAPPITY TAP.....aieeeeee!

I am planning on sloping off early this afternoon to avoid the traffic hell that is the A303 Westbound on a Friday afternoon. Summer's here, there are nose to tail jams all the way home.

When I get home, I shall charge up my iPod and then make sure I keep it that way. I bet I left it running when I put it away after lunch yesterday, and that's why it's run out of juice. What an idiot.

2 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

You've gotta keep one of those cheap-ass chargers at worker for stuff like that. Or in your bag.

Howsabout playing the music right from your internet at work. Speakers?

livesbythewoods said...

Ah Earl, if only it were that easy. Our system is locked down tighter than a tight thing.

No speakers, no plugging stuff into USB ports, not even data sticks, none of that stuff, no siree.

I'm home now though, charging as we speak. Hurrah.