Thursday 29 May 2008

Cars. Again

Not mine or Mr WithaY's for a pleasant change.

No, my lovely guitar teacher's. He told me his was playing up, to the extent that he needs a new one. I asked what the problem was and he sent me a scary link to a load of stuff about the problem.

Apparently Peugeot 206s have a known fault where they can lose all power whilst you are driving along minding your own business.

So, picture the scene...you're tootling along in the outside lane on the M4 doing 70 and suddenly all your power cuts out. No power steering, no lights, no decent brakes.

Bloody terrifying.

4 comments:

Jon said...

There simply has to be a compensation claim in there somewhere.

livesbythewoods said...

Well, you'd think so, wouldn't you?

I shall ask him all about it when I see him next.

Anonymous said...

my 307 lost power recently - effing scary, i'll tell you. but it turned out to be a faulty exhaust (recently fitted) in which baffles had come loose and bunged it up.
isn't baffles a fantastic word for something so baffling?

livesbythewoods said...

rivergirlie, I will mention that to my mate, he can check his baffles.

Fnar.