Saturday 7 February 2009

Creative genius

So, we had all this snow yesterday. Mr WithaY came home from work at lunchtime, because apparently the whole site was shut down. I was working at home, as I do on a Friday.

We were both home. With a lot of snow.

What would you have done with a half an hour of daylight and some excess energy from having been stuck inside for days on end?

We had a cup of tea and a chat. I went and did some more work. Mr WithaY read a bit. We had another cup of tea.

Then we did this:

Snow menagerie

We made a snow menagerie!

It consisted of:

Snow deer

A snow deer, at rest.

Snow deer 2

Look! It even has a tail!

Photobucket

A snow Great White Shark. Mr WithaY was most emphatic about the species. Obviously it's only a small one.

Snow bear

A snow bear. It looks as though it ought to be wearing shades and a Blues Brothers porkpie hat, somehow.

Oh yes. We also saw our single solitary crocus, bravely peeking out from the deep snow, defying all that the Winter could throw at it.

Frail crocus

All, that is, barring Mr WithaY's size 11 Wellington boots.

Frail crocus 2


As my Youngest Sis commented when she saw some of the photos, we have way too much time on our hands.

11 comments:

Peter Kenny said...

Love it! You are funny you two.

livesbythewoods said...

Thank you Peter, although I prefer ot think of us as misunderstood artists in a variety of media. :)

Isobel Martin said...

That looks like such good fun. The Great White is pretty scary! It could be Jaws himself.
I managed to enjoy the snow the way we Northerners generally do, in front of a roaring fire while sat in my Jim jams. I mean what's the point getting dressed if you're not going out? (I do have a job honestly).

Z said...

Our snow turned to rain and left again too soon for us to make anything, I love your animals..

livesbythewoods said...

Isobel, it was good fun, and the menagerie is still there, although the snow around them is turning to ice now.

Z, we are still covered in snow, and there is black ice expected on all the roads. It's veering between exciting and bloody annoying for me now.

justme said...

I think its great that you had some fun in the snow! I love the menagerie!!

livesbythewoods said...

Thanks, justme. They are still there but losing definition as the rain comes down.

La Belette Rouge said...

For a minute I thought I was at Andrew Goldsworthy's blog.;-) I love the bear blues brother. He's a "snow man, doodah-doodah-doodah, he's a snow man..."

livesbythewoods said...

La Belette Rouge, hello! And thank you, what a lovely compliment!

I made the bear, hence the lack of anatomical correctness, unlike the shark and deer.

Anonymous said...

I love them all. Your menagerie reminds me of Calvin & Hobbes. I have always wanted to try and create Calvin's snowman dioramas! Shame we only got a thimble full of snow here :(

livesbythewoods said...

Spence, I saw a photo of a snowman waiting at a bus stop with a really cross expression on his face, and it looked *exactly* like a Calvin and Hobbes snowman!