- Fish are off to the Fish Hotel this afternoon, under strict instructions to behave themselves and not disgrace the WithaY name.
- Ironing mountain is diminishing oh so very slowly. I did a load of it last night whilst watching the England/USA match. Not because I like football, but because I wanted to see if it would be any good. My verdict? It wasn't.
- Made two loaves of bread in the bread machine yesterday. First one was dreadful - uncooked in the middle and heavy as lead. I threw it in the bin, as unfit even to offer the birds. The second one wasn't much better, but too warped and freaky looking to take to Father in law WithaY as planned.
- Made "proper" bread this morning, not using bread machine. Less freaky looking but still not brilliant. Took it to Father in law WithaY anyway.
- There is a mole in our back garden. It is making its way around the perimeter of the vegetable bed. Fucker.
- Neighbour informed me that he saw a large black cat jumping out of Mr WithaY's Landrover window, carelessly left open, after setting off the car alarm whilst sheltering from torrential rain. That explains the dead mouse I found under the front window the other day.
- Had unexpected and very lovely surprise visit from two of my girlie mates who were on their way home from a week at CenterParcs. Spent a couple of hours sitting in the back garden drinking tea and catching up on the news. Am now booked into next June's weekend trip to CenterParcs. Hurrah.
Sunday, 13 June 2010
Shot in the dark
Busy busy busy. So. Bullet points today: